Blog post 2

• A certain artist can make their artwork meaningful by adding specific details. They can make their art work mean something and have a story behind it. The color, technique, and details mean a lot in artwork.

When I was building my tripod I had a bit of a rough time with the 3 legs but I learned how to squeeze the clay and make all of the legs of the mug even. I had to restart once because my legs were uneven but I fixed it when I tried the second time. If I could do it differently I would take a little more time when making the legs of the mug because I rushed through it a little bit and could of possibly made it better.

When doing my sgraffitto I had to paint over several layers, I would wait for it to dry and then reply so I had a smooth, thick, even layer. In some spots grey parts of my mug would show so I would have to go over them again to make sure you could not see any grey area. If I could do something differently I would have used the banding wheel from the start so I would have gotten a more even coverage.

If you have persistence when making your artwork it will be a lot more skilled. Improving your artwork and adding details takes time and patience. If you keep working and adding the details you wanted then it will come out perfect, you can’t give up on it at the end.